Friday, April 15, 2005

Sleep DeprAvation

sleep deprAvation



So...I just slept for FOURTEEN AND A HALF HOURS! I can't believe it!

My body has been running with lower amounts of energy each day and I've been sleeping fewer hours each night. The night before last I kept taking 20 minute naps (I procrastinated on a paper) and got about 1 1/2 hours of sleep. The night before was 4 hours. Before that I can't remember. I really can't remember the last time I got 6 hours of sleep. Anyway, my body was like "NO MORE!"

I had several missed calls on my phone this morning-I don't remember the phone ringing. My alarm went off after 12 hours and I don't remember that either. Last night I was like "I'm just going to sleep in tomorrow, so I won't set my alarm." I decided to set it for 12 hours later just in case. But it didn't help. FOURTEEN AND A HALF HOURS later, I woke up and felt great. Crazy.

Sleep is good.

7 Comments:

At 10:38 PM, April 16, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Nikki, i finally found the song. it only says that donatello does machines. i still think he is my favorite turtle

 
At 10:39 PM, April 16, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

by the way, i was referring to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle song that we talked about at Jeremy's. have a good night

 
At 12:14 PM, April 17, 2005, Blogger Nikki Leigh Daniel said...

Splinter taught them to be ninja teens (He's a radical rat!)
Leonardo leads, Donatello does machines (That's a fact, Jack!)
Raphael is cool but crude (Gimme a break!)
Michaelangelo is a party dude (Party!)

I don't know...maybe Michealangelo is my fav. Nah...I have to stick with Donatello. He was for sure the coolest. Although April O'Neil was cool because she was the only girl...

 
At 8:00 PM, April 17, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, i have to stick with donatello. it is so the coolest. he had a mixture of all the turtles which made him the best. kinda like jeremy, chad, and i, i'm the mixture which makes me the coolest. haha, just kidding

 
At 11:23 AM, April 18, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nikki, I know this is off the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle topic, but I think you may have meant "deprivation," since "depravation" means:
1. debasement (a lowering of character, quality, or value), especially moral
2. corruption
I'm not sure if "Sleep Corruption" was really the issue, but I don't know... Maybe this is a confessonal-type blog, where you unburden your soul of all your sleep-related sins, but that wasn't the impression that I got. ;)

But anyway, back on topic. I wasn't allowed to watch Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, but I still remember a bunch of my friends playing it on the playground and shouting "TEE-nage MYOO-tent NIN-ja TUR-tles..." and then one person inevitably shouted "Cereal!" Anybody else remember the cereal?

 
At 12:05 PM, April 18, 2005, Blogger Nikki Leigh Daniel said...

Laura-
No, no. I definitely meant sleep deprAvation. That was TOTALLY on purpose. My character has been lowered in quality FOR SURE due to lack of sleep. Yes. I'm a MASTERS student for crying out loud! DEPRAVATION. On purpose. Yeah...on purpose...

 
At 6:03 PM, April 18, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet. Well, in that case, I'll be in prayer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home