Saturday, April 09, 2005

Nikki Tatom Action Figure


Nikki Action Figure

I had a lot of fun playing at Java the last couple of nights. Tonight I played outside on the patio, which rocked! My love for Patty Griffin was apparently seen by all. I kept finding myself saying "If I'm not careful, this will turn into a Patty Griffin cover night."

Afterwards, I was talking to Lawrence and a couple of girls that I just met tonight. They came up with this idea to create a "Nikki Tatom Action Figure." When you push her stomach in, she says "I love Patty Griffin!" in a really high voice. Oh, man! I can see it now! She would have to be SO small! Maybe like Polly Pockets or something. She would have to have a pink guitar strap and be able to do the robot. That would be so awesome! Oh! And she'd have a cowboy hat and break lots of guitar pics.

Speaking of Patty Griffin, I got tickets today for her show in Nashville on May 14. I'm kinda bummed because they are WWAAAAAAYYY in the back. I went ahead and bought them, but not with a smile on my face. I was like "aawwww maaan!" So, I don't know if I'll actually be able to SEE Patty live, but I'll at least be able to hear her live.

Thanks to everyone who came out to Java (especially those of you who came both nights!).
Next show is THIS FRIDAY NIGHT (April 15) from 7:30-10:30 at the new Java on Frankfort (2 doors down from the Irish Rover). There will be a mandolin, so stop by! Check out www.NikkiTatom.com for more details. Also, I'm starting an email list, so if you want to be emailed when the shows are, just send me an email at ntatom@sbcglobal.net .

7 Comments:

At 10:19 PM, April 10, 2005, Blogger Bobby said...

You are becoming a regular concert machine!
Maybe you'll open for Patty Griffin one day. Or, dare I say it, maybe one day Patty will open for you!

Good show this past Saturday, as always. And good luck with your action figures.

 
At 10:47 PM, April 10, 2005, Blogger Alex F said...

Wait a minute.... you do the robot?

 
At 4:01 PM, April 12, 2005, Blogger Christa said...

Great job on Friday night. I really enjoyed it. I still can't get over that little girl who you accompanied. That was so cute. The next Nikki perhaps?

 
At 11:01 PM, April 13, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The irony here is the size of that dolls head! Nikki...the "SuperStar Diva" has a ginormous head. Nikki.."Guitar Chic Nikki from Sunday night" has a self-proclaimed small head. What's a girl to do?

 
At 12:08 AM, April 14, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The doll is cute. I'd like to be email when you put out an album.

Mer =)

 
At 11:08 PM, April 14, 2005, Blogger Del said...

The movie should be awesome. My pastor was up here a couple of weeks ago and saw it when they showed it to the faculty. If you want to go, just let me know. I will try and remind you.

 
At 12:19 AM, April 19, 2005, Blogger Lenny said...

Good concert Friday night, Nikki! The guys I was sitting next to kept commenting on how "angelic" your voice was. That show made me want to buy my very own Nikki Doll, but I doubt I can afford one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home