Monday, March 21, 2005

Bluegrass/Blues?


Photo by Cheryl Rupp


Thanks to everyone for your support at The Narrow Path show on Friday. I had a blast! Steve Moore joined me with his mandolin, guitar, and vocals. Lorie King provided harmony vocals on several songs and Chad Lewis added harmonica on a Bob Dylan cover. WOW! I seriously had so much fun!

To see a review of the show, go to Jive To The Monkey

I'll be playing at the new Java Brewing Co. (www.javabrewingco.com) on Frankfort Thursday, March 31 from 7:30-9:30pm. It's a free show, so please come out and support me. I take requests!

When people ask what my music is classified as, I never know what to say. After the show on Friday, I think I heard people classify it as "Bluegrass/Blues." Is that possible, seriously? Bluegrass/Blues? Those don't go together at all. But I guess it makes me unique.

Thanks again for coming out. I would love to see everyone at the new Java on Frankfort on March 31!

5 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, March 21, 2005, Blogger Lorie said...

It was fun. :)

 
At 12:53 PM, March 21, 2005, Blogger Donna S. said...

Great job Friday night, Nikki... keep on rockin and we'll see you around campus.

 
At 3:13 PM, March 21, 2005, Blogger Bobby said...

I'd call you a folk singer. Of course, blues and bluegrass are folk stylings developed by certain segments of the population, and are fair game for folk singers (as is rock, Celtic, country, and many other genres).

I'm not sure where the bluegrass fit in Friday night, but you DID do that one original blues tune, which was really cool btw. And you would certainly sound at home incorporating bluegrass elements into your overall sound.

Just a great job all around, though. I hope to see many more gigs!

 
At 3:33 AM, March 23, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey nikki the kid,

I have a question for you...i was wondering how much your tuition is up there. I am trying to gather all the facts about attedning Southern that I would ever need to know. Also, did you have to have greek classes before yoy were enrolled?
Um and would you and anyone else you care to recruit please be praying for me these next couple weeks? i am going home April 1-3 to talk to my parents about going to seminary instead of getting a teaching certificate. I think they are going to cut me off completely and that scares me but i am confident that it is time to tell them I am not going to be what they want me to be....

Thanks girl...you are great. i wish i could drive up there to hear you play!

 
At 8:21 PM, April 04, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Nikki,

Sounds like you are having a lot of fun!! I was just surfing the internet and did a search for you and it sent me to this website. I hope everything is going great and I hope this gets to you. You maybe wondering who this is so I will tell you. Do you remember a a guy and his family picking you up when you first moved to Carlsbad and we went to the Caverns, well it is that guy, Daniel Makowsky. I would like to talk to you sometime. My email address is daniel_makowsky@hotmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home