Sunday, February 13, 2005

John Patrick Saves the Day!


Ready for the child-sized thing

I was in the kitchen burning broccoli tonight when Kristin ran out of the office screaming "SOMETHING IS IN THERE!" I was like "AUGH! What is it? A robber? A murderer? WHAT?" Well, it wasn't a robber. It wasn't a murderer. Worse. It was...a HUGE RAT! Seriously, it was at least 6 feet long! And that doesn't include the tail. Boy-we were up on the counter top in no time.

I grabbed the phone and called none other than John Patrick (Big Bad John). I was like "Come over right now! We have an emergency situation on our hands! It's a huuuuge rat!" He started laughing at us. For a second, I thought I was going to have to put our friendship on the line. But, through tears of laughter, he agreed to come over.

He chased the monster around the office and the living room, but the rat was too fast. Seriously, it was the size of a small child.

John Patrick finally caught the small child-sized thing and had to hold it with both hands-it was soooo huge! He took it outside and...got rid of it for us. I don't want to say what he did to the poor thing, but let's just say...he got rid of it for us.

John Patrick has once again saved the day.

5 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, February 14, 2005, Blogger leslie said...

eeeeeew, that's so GROOOOOOOOOSSSSSS

 
At 10:33 AM, February 14, 2005, Blogger Alex & Laura Beth said...

Poor John Patrick. He has had to help us too with mice (not rat) problems. Thank you for all you do for the girly girls of Southern, JP!

 
At 11:00 PM, February 14, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just so ya'll know, Erin went kinda crazy today and ransacked our apt. She scrubbed everything. I came home from school and the apt reeked of bleach and ammonia. I think mice really freak her out.
K

 
At 1:25 AM, February 15, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so first of all the line that said "the rat was too fast", I actually read as "the rast was too fat". Score one for the dislexic kid!

Second of all....John Patrick, I know I don't know you but I feel the need to bring to your attention the absurdity of the statement"I slept like a baby". How many babies do you know that sleep well...most can't make through the night.

And thirdly, Nikki!!!!!!! I miss you! Hey, remember that time there was a roach in your kitchen and even after it was gone you didn't want to walk on the kitchen floor. So when you wanted something out of the fridge I carried you on my back? HEHEHEHEHE!!!!! I love you!

 
At 11:22 PM, February 15, 2005, Blogger Nikki Leigh Daniel said...

John Patrick:
Are you accusing me of being dramatic? That's absurd.

Erynne of the Woods:
Of course I remember that, but I don't want to even THINK about it, honestly. I can't believe that you were willing to actually walk on that floor!

Sick me out! Sick me out! Sick me out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home