Tuesday, February 15, 2005

A Little Problem


Now THAT'S What I Call A "Do-Rag"
We're about to become really close friends. I'm about to share something with you that only my best friends from high school know about me. But first, I must preface it with this: I've been recording a demo at Staff House Records the last couple of days. I've recorded some stuff before, and there's always been a problem. The problem is currently occuring at Staff House too.
-
Problem: My head is seriously SOOO small! I mean, the brain inside is monsterous, but my skull is the size of a small child's skull. In fact, I think that the child-sized rat from the other day has a bigger head than I do. So, adult headphones never fit on my head. Never. I always have to come up with something to make them fit. So, the guy recording the demo fit a bandana on top of my head. He thought it was funny, so he took this picture and emailed it to me.
-
Now, I'm sure that all musicians have some sort of strange thing they have to do when recording. Mine just happens to be extremely visible. Can I help the size of head that I got? No. And besides, wouldn't a gigantic head on a small body look weird? I'm thankful for my small head. In fact, the problem isn't even my head. The problem is that adult headphones are far too big. They are made for people like...Yao Ming. (I DO play ball like Yao, but come on!)

3 Comments:

At 8:26 AM, February 16, 2005, Blogger Bobby said...

A few months ago I went to a new hair stylist for a cut. After shampooing my hair and slicking it back, she took some scissors, then stood silently above me for a second. A hush fell on the salon.
Then all of a sudden she said, "You have a really little head."
Now what do you say to something like that?

P.S. I too have an enormous brain inside my pee head.

 
At 10:43 AM, February 16, 2005, Blogger Alex F said...

There's nothing wrong with having the increased cranial capacity that comes with a fat head. I find that most hats and stuff are actually not big enough... in the immortal words of the dad in "So I Married an Ax Murderer" - "It's like an orange on a toothpick!"

 
At 7:13 PM, March 15, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's like Sputnik! It's a virtual planetoid: spherical but quite pointy in parts!
Shhh! Quiet, you're going to give the boy a complex!
Oh, that was off-side, wasn't it? Now he's going to go cry himself to sleep on his HUGE pillow!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home