Saturday, January 22, 2005

Grand Ole Patty


Patty Griffin singing with Emmylou Harris dancing (And half of Buddy Miller playing guitar) at the Grand Ole Opry

I am so honored that my first post involves Patty Griffin (www.pattygriffin.net). She's my musical hero! I just got to see her live at the Grand Ole Opry this past weekend. It was SSOOO entertaining! Seriously, if you ever get the chance, you have to check it out. I went with my friend Laura Beth. She's the one who inspired me to create my own blog. Well...that and Becca Conner begging me to create a blog. So, here it is, Becca. My blog for your entertainment!

So, back to Patty Griffin. When she was on stage (with Emmylou Harris, David Rawlins, Buddy Miller, and Gillian Welch), I totally flipped out. I have always been against people flipping out when they see someone famous. I figure that famous people are just people too. That's it. Bottom line...they are just people. Come on, folks! Don't flip out over another person! But...when I saw those 5 musicians on stage, I was like "woah....AUGH!" I started taking pictures and I even ran down to the first row to get a closer look at Patty. Seriously, I am disappointed in myself. I flipped out. After the show,
Laura Beth, Heather, and I went to a local pizza place and we saw Donnie (www.theparkstudio.com) (independent artists looking for a producer-Donnie is your man) and I couldn't stop talking about seeing Patty. A huge smile was plastered on my face for a good 2 hours. I looked like an idiot, but I couldn't help it! I was star-struck for the first time in my life.

4 Comments:

At 3:48 PM, January 22, 2005, Blogger Alex & Laura Beth said...

Nikki, you have been sucked in to the wonderful world of blogging! This should be good!

Becca, I think we could be frinds. I was totally freaking out about Emmylou! She is amazing beautiful, and the best dancer I've ever seen.

 
At 12:22 AM, February 08, 2005, Blogger seth said...

I envy you so much! Seeing all those amazing musicians on stage at once! Mind-blowing for sure!

I got the chance to see Emmylou Harris and Buddy Miller a while back, she was opening for Dave Matthews (which, if I had it my way - should have been the complete opposite)

By the way, Buddy Miller put out a new album not to long ago. It's titled "Universal United House of Prayer", and features Emmylou and others. It's a definite must listen!

 
At 7:05 PM, February 09, 2005, Blogger Nikki Leigh Daniel said...

Seth-
Yeah, I was blown away! I expected to see them one or two at a time, but when those curtains opened up, I was like "ohmygosh...ohmygosh..." and started taking pictures like crazy!

Emmylou was dancing around (kind of a square dance) while Patty sang "Truth No. 2" Oh man, it was so great.

 
At 9:28 PM, February 01, 2006, Blogger Stacey said...

There was a similar show held here in Pittsburgh, PA, that featured Patti Griffin and a boatload of other public radio icons Emmylou Harris, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Bruce Cockburn, Steve Earle, and Nanci Griffith was AMAZING! I have seen Patti many, many times and for my concert dollar, she never fails to delight. You might want to check out my new blog featuring independent radio artists like Patti. http://chewingtheclef.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home