Saturday, January 22, 2005

"Crush-Struck" vs "Star-Struck"

I was so excited to recieve my first comment on my blog until I realized what it said. A big "Thank You" goes out to Becca!! Thanks, Becca, for telling the world (I know there are SO many people reading this) about my encounter with Shane Barnard. Now, at the risk of embarrassing Becca, I must tell the account of my encounter with Shane Barnard.

It was a cool, breezy night in College Station, TX and a ton of bands were playing. My crush, Shane Barnard, was the last show (I think...at least in my mind the show was over when he finished playing). We ran into him and I made a complete idiot out of myself. This, my friends, was me being "crush-struck," not "star-struck." There is a huge distinction.

I've been a fan of Shane since long before he was signed. I've never been a "fan"atic, and in fact I only have a couple of his CDs. It's not a fan crush. One of my best friends dated his brother and an old friend of mine is buddies with him. Thus, we come to the conclusion that Nikki was crush-struck.

So, how did I make an idiot out of myself? It's easy. My friend Erin Woods was standing next to me. I was like "Hey Shane...my friend here works at Sweet Eugene's Coffee Shop and she can get you a sweet deal! You should come hang out with us later tonight!" The problem is that while saying this, I ever-so-gently placed my hand on Erin's forehead. Yeah. I didn't even realize that I was doing it. And to make matters worse, I LEFT my hand on her forehead for the remainder of the conversation which was a good 2-3 minutes. IDIOT! Shane was so nice. He put his hand on my shoulder and said "thank you for inviting me." Picture this with me. It's a nice little triangle of weirdness. Shane's hand is on my shoulder. My hand is on Erin's forehead. Erin, Becca, and Blake were all in the circle, but laughing hysterically because I just left my hand on Erin's forehead.

Needless to say, Shane didn't come to Sweet Eugene's.

5 Comments:

At 9:57 PM, January 23, 2005, Blogger Nikki Leigh Daniel said...

What's the deal? Does anyone agree with me out there? There IS a difference, right? There is. Seriously. Who has my back? Crush-struck vs Star-struck...I'm right.

 
At 4:15 PM, January 24, 2005, Blogger Lorie said...

I love Shane & Shane, too! :) Don't have much of their stuff, but they have such an amazing sound---and SUCH tight harmonies. You have great taste in music. :)

 
At 5:56 PM, January 24, 2005, Blogger Adrian Blackney said...

Tough call Nikki. Sounds kind of like you have an unhealthy relationship with Shane Barnard. I've been wrong before.

 
At 9:04 PM, January 24, 2005, Blogger Nikki Leigh Daniel said...

The Great Adrian speaks! Oh, people...this is a break through. With someone as cool as Adrian Blakney on this blog, we are destined for stardom.

Seriously-Adrian is so great. And he's gonna help me get a new car when Alexander the Grape dies. And the time is near.

Go read his blog, people. It's amazing. Especially the pee story.

 
At 8:39 PM, January 31, 2005, Blogger Kristin said...

Erin Woods is going to visit us in October???!!!!! Wow
(are you really visiting the seminary, Erin?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home