Monday, July 25, 2005

Shark Infested Waters

Shark Infested Waters

I just got back from Captiva Island where I saw sharks for the first time (outside of a zoo). We were walking along the shoreline at dusk when these shark fins appeared about 7 feet away from us. I was like "WOAH! AUGH! LOOK!" and we all freaked out and leaped out of the water. Yes, you read that right. We were only about ankle deep in the water when the sharks were about 7 feet away from us. The beach had a huge drop-off about 7 feet into from the shoreline where sharks and manta rays would feed. It was seriously SO crazy scary!

A Manta Ray and a Diver (not me)

It was my first time ever to see manta rays. We went out on a boat one day and stopped on top of this HUGE school of manta rays. There were hundreds and hundreds of them just under the surface of the water. It was really strange because they were evenly spaced. I thought there were coral reefs or something at first, but upon further examination, I was like "Ohmylanta! Those are manta rays!"

A Tan Me, Stephanie, Kristin, and Casey

I also got a tan which is good because nobody ever believes me that I'm half Mexican.

7 Comments:

At 4:30 PM, July 25, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man....I teared up looking at the picture of you guys. I miss yall!!!!!! I wan't to sit and sing with ou and write silly (and truthful) songs about Calvinist guys and God's sovereignty. And I want to build forts in your living room and be stupid and then immediately switch to a biblical discussion......I miss you!!!!!!!

 
At 1:59 PM, July 26, 2005, Blogger Lorie said...

Um, that picture of the shark kind of freaks me out...Scary!

 
At 5:45 PM, July 26, 2005, Blogger leslie said...

why are you girls still single (not married, I mean)?!

 
At 6:12 PM, July 26, 2005, Blogger Bobby said...

Because there are a lot of dumb guys in the world. Or at least in Louisville.

Great story -- I'm glad you had fun. You should write a song about sharks, and about no one believing your half-Mexican.

 
At 12:36 PM, July 27, 2005, Blogger Nikki Leigh Daniel said...

Bobby-
I agree. A song about sharks and being half Mexican...I like it!
http://www.stlyrics.com/songs/f/fiveironfrenzy7766/thepantsrockopera276710.html

There are the lyrics to the FIF song about Bobby's Pants. I'll try to get the actual CD to you soon.

Actually...just wait until I get you the song. The lyrics aren't near as funny. Just chill for now and know that Five Iron Frenzy has a very cool song about your pants.

 
At 1:28 PM, July 27, 2005, Blogger Bobby said...

I thank you, and the pants thank you. I think.

 
At 5:55 AM, July 31, 2005, Blogger Nick Nye said...

Hey Nikki-

On our vacation Nick and I were walking on the beach and saw two fins sticking out of the water! It's still a mystery but we're telling everyone they were sharks. And we saw a sting ray leap out of the water 20 ft away...but anyway, those manta rays are huge! Very creepy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home