Tuesday, August 02, 2005

My Heart Feels Funny

About every 10 minutes or so, my heart feels funny...and it's not just heartburn. I can be eating or working or resting or driving, but it never fails: my heart begins to physically tingle and I get extremely giddy. Why all the strange emotions, you ask? Well, I do believe these feelings are occurring due to the following fact:

JD AND I ARE ENGAGED!!

I know that I look like a midget in this picture-it's a reenactment of the proposal. Also, his hair is really short-not grey!

He proposed to me on Friday, July 29 at about 9:15pm in Augusta, GA. He completely surprised me, which I love. After dinner that night, we were driving to rent a movie (or so I thought) when we ended up in the parking lot of Old Kiokee Baptist Church. Kiokee was founded in 1784 (the oldest Baptist church in Georgia) by Daniel Marshall, who was saved under Jonathan Edwards' ministry during the Great Awakening. Old Kiokee's church building was built in 1808. It has been restored several times and the building still stands beautifully. When I noticed candles in the windows and the church door open, I freaked out! I kept saying over and over in my head "Ohmygosh! I'm fixin' to get engaged! Ohmygosh!"

We walked into the church when JD pointed out the fact that I was shaking uncontrollably and breathing hard. I couldn't respond to him, but I was thinking "I've been looking forward to this day since I was seven years old!" The entire church was candle lit. JD read from Ephesians 5 about husbands and wives. He said some really sweet things (that I can't remember because I was totally freaking out!), got down on one knee and proposed. I was like "YEEEEESS!"

Emotional interruptions occurred like I've never experienced before. I would begin laughing, but tears of joy interrupted my laughter. I would begin crying and laughter interrupted my tears. I would yell out in joy and quiet whispers interrupted my celebration. I would begin whispering, but shouts of joy interrupted my gentleness.

I am still walking around with my head in the clouds. I am SO excited!!!

Erin and Meagan, it is now officially time to change "the song" to 2 hot Calvinist guys!

***********
I'm playing a show with Jamie Barnes (www.JamieBarnes.net) THIS Saturday night at Sunergos Coffee from 9-11pm. Cover is $3.

Sunergos Coffee
2122 South Preston St.
Louisville, KY
502-634-1243

19 Comments:

At 10:18 AM, August 03, 2005, Blogger Alex F said...

Congrats

 
At 10:21 AM, August 03, 2005, Blogger Lenny said...

That's exciting Nikki! Congratulations and praise to God. JD seems like a great guy (from my 3 hours of getting to know him). I'm glad that I could have the part of driving you to the airport for this event.

 
At 12:49 PM, August 03, 2005, Blogger Bobby said...

That's a great story! Church, candles ... it sounds very touching. I'm happy for you.

 
At 2:05 PM, August 03, 2005, Blogger Lorie said...

I'm sure there will be lots and lots of sorely disappointed boys out there...and one VERY lucky man. :)

I'm so happy for you guys! Congrats.

 
At 2:15 PM, August 03, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy DAy!!!!!!!

I'm really excited for you. However, I do think that 2 Hot Calvinist Guys will not be the smash hit that 3 Hot Calvinist Guys was. Oh well.....

You're recount of the emotional outburts made me tear up. I need to meet this guy. I love you and will be praying for you as you prepare for marriage. Hopefully I will see you sooner than later.

 
At 3:00 PM, August 03, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm SOOooOooOoOOOO excited for you NikeLee!!!!!!! I can't wait to see pictures! love you and miss you!!
~mea

 
At 3:48 PM, August 03, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Nikki. You are a sweet young lady and he should consider himself lucky. Best of luck to you both. Will

 
At 6:44 PM, August 03, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to you and JD, Nikki! That's so awesome! And that was a wonderful proposal. I'm SO excited for you! Mer =)

 
At 10:29 PM, August 03, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting that is, yes.

-Yoda

Is this the same guy as Bert?

 
At 11:22 PM, August 03, 2005, Blogger Nikki Leigh Daniel said...

Sure is! Most people refer to him as "Bert." I call him "Bert" sometimes, but mostly "JD." He's cool with either. And he's hot.

 
At 7:41 AM, August 04, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That totally rocks.

 
At 12:55 PM, August 04, 2005, Blogger leslie said...

I want pics of the ROCK!!

 
At 1:41 AM, August 05, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NIKE!!!!

i'm so excited for you. and in order to keep tradition alive, and keep the number 3 in the song, i would be more than willing to take your spot for a third hot calvanist guy with "becca" written all over him. i mean.. not literally all over. just in a figurative sense like "WOAH... he's totally my type and hot and calvanist!"

anyway.... SUPER EXCITING YAY!!!!! congrats nike!!!

-rebocka

 
At 3:07 PM, August 05, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Sincerely,

Moderately Attractive Calvinist Guy

 
At 3:23 PM, August 05, 2005, Blogger Balaji said...

Congratulations Nikki!!!
That is a beautiful picture and a great post...
Now 'nickle jav' and post a picture of that 18th century church!!
Best wishes!!
Balaji

 
At 9:50 PM, August 05, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you! I was just wondering if you thought it was strange that your Aunt knew how "Bert" was going to pop the big question)HAHAHAHA

 
At 10:09 AM, August 06, 2005, Blogger UK said...

Congratz.!! HAve a good life..

 
At 7:58 PM, August 09, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, man. Do you want to handle that comment, Nik, or should I? I mean, I know of your deep love for all things Josh Harris-related...

 
At 9:44 PM, August 11, 2005, Blogger iggie said...

congrats

 

Post a Comment

<< Home